To launch the first Tech South West Awards, bring together businesses and raise the profile of the region’s tech sector.
Astley Media launched Tech South West in 2015, alongside local tech clusters and companies, to help connect, celebrate and showcase the industry. The awards were launched in 2019 to shine a light on the many tech success stories across the region.
Astley Media managed the whole process, from initial concept and development through to event management, while also delivering the launch marketing and sponsorship programme.
The awards cover Bath, Bristol, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire, recognising and celebrating talent, creativity, business success, education, leadership, diversity and more.
- Ceremony: 210 attendees, 83 organisations, 19 corporate sponsors, 22 award winners,
- BT, Tech Nation, Webmate, Ashfords, DeGould, Michelmores, Bishop Fleming and the UK Hydrographic Office among the partners and sponsors.
- Social media on the night: 300+ twitter posts, #TSWAwards trending by 9.15pm, 68 retweets, 238 likes, 5,500 post impressions on Linkedin.
- Media Coverage: 32 articles published across the media.
- Tribe Tech Podcast (podcast series launched as part of the Tech South West Awards hosted by broadcast journalist Feyaza Khan and Ex-BBC Robert Hillier): Over 500 listens across ‘series 1’ episodes.
- The showcase programme continues to evolve, with awards in 2020 building on the success of year one, and new monthly virtual Tech gathering events for members, partners and sponsors.