Develop a multi-channel marketing and PR campaign focusing on Stagecoach East’s role in the local community and the difference its services make to people’s everyday lives.
Astley Media developed the ‘Because of the Bus’ campaign to increase positive brand awareness around Stagecoach East, by creating a campaign which focused on real customers.
The campaign started with a recruitment campaign to attract bus users to take part. This included the development of recruitment messaging, a news release, a paid for Facebook and Instagram campaign and organic social media posts.
Once ambassadors were recruited, Astley Media led on the coordination of the filming and photography shoot, planned to take place in Cambridge and Bedford. This included liaising with filming locations, ambassadors and the photographer and videographer.
Following the filming, Astley Media worked with the team at Global to develop a campaign video and five shorter videos for social media.
The campaign video was supported by graphics (which were used online), website copy explaining more about the campaign, a campaign launch press release, printed ads in the Cambridge Independent, a digital advertising partnership with Reach and a paid-for and organic social media campaign.
Throughout the campaign, Astley Media worked closely with the team at Stagecoach East, the ambassadors and media partners to create a campaign everyone was proud of.
- A fun, positive and informative campaign video was created, supported by shorter videos and graphics
- Media coverage achieved in Route One and Coach & Bus Week
- Nearly 2 million impressions (1,748,613) on the Facebook ad
- Reach Cambridgeshire Live and Bedfordshire Live campaigns resulted in:
- Overall performance approximately 10% above the benchmark
- 800,009 total impressions
- 5,580 hours total time in-view
- Clicks through to YouTube video: 2,076